If a person dies leaving assets in their own name it is necessary to go through the court supervised process of probate to locate and determine the value of the deceased person’s assets, pay their final bills, and transfer what is left of these assets to their heirs. In Florida, the person in charge of handling the Probate is called the Personal Representative. Our office acts as attorneys for the Personal Representative. As such, we counsel the Personal Representative.
Ms. Wolasky assists Personal Representatives with the administration of their duties, including:
- Notifying beneficiaries
- Filing the will with the Florida probate court
- Locating and collecting assets
- Obtaining appraisal of the property or properties
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Paying debts and taxes out of the estate
- Arranging for transfer of assets to the heirs
We work directly with the Personal Representative named in the will. If no will exists, the court will appoint a Personal Representative.